About this Trip
Experience the stunning beauty of Costa Rica’s nature and dramatic landscapes in this tour to the heart of this magical country.
The adventure starts with an arrival at your first eco-lodge nestled in the jungle and only accessible by boat. You will be treated to abundant wildlife amid the waterways of the rainforest known as Costa Rica’s “little Amazon” in Tortuguero National Park.
After two nights we will transfer to adventure central at Arenal Volcano, where we will swim, soak, hike, zip-line and rappel in the middle of the lush rainforest.
- Canoe through the jungle, observing the local wildlife including exotic birds, caimans, monkeys, frogs and more
- Visit an organic farm and learn how to make chocolate
- Get your adrenaline rush with epic 60 mph ziplines and rappelling down a 100 ft. waterfall
- Drift off to sleep with a volcano framed in your window, and wake up to the call of the howler monkeys
- Relax at the end of the day in the natural hot springs
Request a detailed itinerary
- Local Guides + Tipping (for activities)
- Group Activities: all costs for activities on the itinerary
- Meals: All meals
- All Trip-related taxes
- Tips for Tour Guide + Driver
- Covid Testing
- San Jose to La Pavona (2.5 hours)
- Boat Transfer to Tortuguero (1 hour)
- Nighttime Safari
- Tortuguero Boat Safari 3 hours
- Kids Cooking Class
- Canoe Safari
- Boat Transfer (1 hour)
- Transfer to Arenal (3 hours)
- Chocolate Farm and Tasting
- Zip Line Canopy Tour
- Nature Hike
- Morning hike
- Hot Springs
- Airport Transfer (3 hours)
2 nights: Evergreen Lodge Tortuguero
At Evergreen Lodge you’ll be immersed in the sensational tropical jungle of Tortuguero, while relaxing in comfort and tranquility.
With a strategic location, you can explore this unique natural reserve that is filled with magic and wonders; tall trees and leafy greens surround the bungalows living in harmony with the wildlife. With the Penitencia Canal flowing in front of our Lodge, we can explore canals of the Natural Park- considered one of the most exotic places in the country.
3 nights: Arenal Observatory Lodge
Arenal Observatory Lodge is safely located 1.7 miles from the south side of the volcano, but it seems so close that you could reach out and touch it. The perfectly shaped volcanic cone commands nearly every view at the hotel.
7 miles of well-maintained trails wind through the hotel’s 870-acre property, through the primary and secondary rainforest, past waterfalls and pastures. Plenty of wildlife lives in the area, including three kinds of monkeys, anteaters, coatis, deer, and more than 500 species of birds.
Prices and Dates
Submit your review